I was delighted and excited last week when I discovered Lois of The Root Systems had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. My first ever nomination! My blog is very new, and I am still unsure of where it is headed and sometimes I am not sure if what I write is even interesting. So it is lovely to have someone validate my ramblings with a nomination. And from what I can see, these type of awards are great networking points, where we can all make a few friends and maybe gain a new follower or two.
Now, according to their website, the rules to the Versatile Blogger Award go like this:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So firstly, a huge thank you to Lois. You were my very first follower and I love reading your blog. I look forward to reading more of it too. Lois’ blog is called The Root Systems and she covers lots of topics mostly with a historical theme: past and current events, immigration, migration, politics, identity, genealogy and travel. Go over and take a look – its a great blog.
My 15 nominations – which I hope you will visit – for the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows (in no particular order):
1. Bye Bye Birdie’s Sew Latte Dough blog
11. Room To Whistle
12. A Sunny Home
14. Barely Poppins
I’ve tried to pick blogs who haven’t received the nomination before. Apologies to any of you who have already had this award. And of course all my nominees are free to ignore my nomination if they don’t do awards.
And now to tell Lois and the rest of you seven random things about myself:
1. I am a natural redhead. A curly one at that.
2. I hated my red curly hair when I was growing up. I love it now.
3. I always wanted to be a writer – probably of children’s books but maybe adults too. I thought I might be the next Enid Blyton but now I think I should aim to be the next J K Rowling. Does anyone read Enid Blyton anymore?!
4. I always have to have the radio or music on in the background. Maybe thats to do with growing up in a busy noisy house. Its just not right when things are quiet.
5. I am pretty good at sewing and baking. I don’t do much sewing now due to lack of time but I always bake.
6. I am a huge fan of “The Good Wife”. Its great to see Juliana Margulies playing such a strong character. But as I don’t always have time to watch TV, I have LOTS of episodes to catch up on and I think I may be clogging up most of the memory on our TV recorder!!
7. I love genealogy and can spend hours going through old family records trying to piece things together. Someday I hope to have enough time to do a proper investigation into my family tree.